Live Review and Photos by : Ada Zumaya
Everyday Animals have been clawing their way around the Los Angeles independent circuit as of late. Their performance at Molly Malone’s Pub included versatility and excitement during each song. Across the stage, the four-piece ensemble displayed a wide variety of musical beats that quickly defined their unique sound. The mutual charisma reflected amongst each other and radiated towards the audience. The live energy shined through as much as their music, which kept the audience in a sweet disposition throughout the show.
Songs like “Measured in Light” and “Timeline” revealed Kevin Shima’s clear and melodic voice. Brian Hobart’s impeccable keyboards traveled with strong intensity. The fast rhythm beats in “Hey You” highlighted his talents and musical abilities. Adam Darlin’s agility behind drums carried their musical momentum all night. His small solo towards the end of their set was captivating and impressive. Loud cheers and excitement spread across the air from the audience after each song. Will Schulz’ bass and harmonies completed the great ensemble while adding lingering crescendos throughout the night.
Between songs, Shima provided a back-story with the audience regarding each song. He exposed his quirky side by delivering a few jokes with the audience, some receiving more reactions than others. Everyday Animals showed combined folk rock and electro funk with fierceness and magnitude. Aside from their musical capabilities, they also showed diversity in lyricism, adding attraction and lure to their sound.
Photos by : Ada Zumaya
FREE DOWNLOADS>> http://everydayanimals.bandcamp.com/
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: IHEARTCOMIX Presents: Jacques Greene Groundislava, Low Limit, Mike Penthouse, Patrick Brian at Los Globos 12/13 - December 13, 2014
- Julie Mintz To Play The Masonic Lodge At Hollywood Forever Cemetery With Moby + New EP In 2015 - December 10, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: ALLAH-LAS with Tashaki Miyaki & Dream Boys at the El Rey Theatre 12/11 - December 10, 2014
- BROODS ANNOUNCE 2015 NORTH AMERICAN HEADLINE TOUR - December 10, 2014
- U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE TOUR 2015 - December 9, 2014
- Tuxedo (Mayer Hawthorne & Jake One) Announce Debut Album Tuxedo Out March 3, 2015 On Stones Throw Records + “Wonderful Christmastime” Cover - December 9, 2014
- JESSIE WARE ANNOUNCES SPRING NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES // at The Wiltern 4/8 - December 9, 2014
- G-EAZY BY POPULAR DEMAND, SECOND WILTERN SHOW ADDED ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3 - December 8, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: The Do LaB & Goldenvoice presents Sound Remedy, Tincup, and Kicks N’ Licks at El Rey Theatre 12/12 - December 8, 2014
- Fleetwood Mac Adds More Dates On With The Show Tour - December 4, 2014
- “THE HANGING TREE” BY JAMES NEWTON HOWARD FEATURING JENNIFER LAWRENCE DEBUTS AT #12 ON THE BILLBOARD HOT 100 WITH OVER 200,000 TRACKS SOLD - December 3, 2014
- JENNY LEWIS REVEALS TRACK FROM ‘SONG ONE’ FILM - December 3, 2014