Live Review and Photos by : Ada Zumaya
Everyday Animals have been clawing their way around the Los Angeles independent circuit as of late. Their performance at Molly Malone’s Pub included versatility and excitement during each song. Across the stage, the four-piece ensemble displayed a wide variety of musical beats that quickly defined their unique sound. The mutual charisma reflected amongst each other and radiated towards the audience. The live energy shined through as much as their music, which kept the audience in a sweet disposition throughout the show.
Songs like “Measured in Light” and “Timeline” revealed Kevin Shima’s clear and melodic voice. Brian Hobart’s impeccable keyboards traveled with strong intensity. The fast rhythm beats in “Hey You” highlighted his talents and musical abilities. Adam Darlin’s agility behind drums carried their musical momentum all night. His small solo towards the end of their set was captivating and impressive. Loud cheers and excitement spread across the air from the audience after each song. Will Schulz’ bass and harmonies completed the great ensemble while adding lingering crescendos throughout the night.
Between songs, Shima provided a back-story with the audience regarding each song. He exposed his quirky side by delivering a few jokes with the audience, some receiving more reactions than others. Everyday Animals showed combined folk rock and electro funk with fierceness and magnitude. Aside from their musical capabilities, they also showed diversity in lyricism, adding attraction and lure to their sound.
Photos by : Ada Zumaya
FREE DOWNLOADS>> http://everydayanimals.bandcamp.com/
- toe Announce Summer Tour Dates + The Future Is Now - March 30, 2015
- British India shares first single “Suddenly” - March 30, 2015
- Banoffee Shares Cover of Frank Ocean’s “I Miss You” - March 30, 2015
- Damien Dubrovnik streams new LP “Vegas Fountain” - March 30, 2015
- Oh Land Announces North American Tour + Unveils “Half Hero” (Live One Take) Video - March 30, 2015
- Tei Shi’s ‘Verde’ EP Stream + Tour Dates - March 30, 2015
- Chelley “Took The Night” (Amine Edge & DANCE Remix) + Tour Dates - March 30, 2015
- Perdido Key Premiere “Lost Is Found” - March 30, 2015
- SLDGHMR Release New EP on Always Never Records - March 30, 2015
- WE ARE THE UNION lead track from the forthcoming EP “Call In Dead” + Tour Dates - March 30, 2015
- Turbo Fruits Share New Song, “No Reason To Stay” + Announce Spring Tour - March 30, 2015
- Mitski shares “Square” (live solo piano version) + Tour Dates - March 30, 2015