This year, over 1 million people will be diagnosed with cancer. In an effort to support cancer research and raise awareness among young adults, CITY OF HOPE’S MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY GROUP and FUTURE HOPE are proud to present their first ever Prom for Hope–a fun-filled night of music, dancing, photos, auctions, prizes and a chance to redo Prom. The Prom for Hopeis set for Thursday, April 5 (doors open at 8:00 PM) at Los Angeles’ Club Nokia. Tickets are on sale now and available at www.ticketmaster.com. Proceeds from auctions and ticket sales will benefit City of Hope. Prom attire is strongly encouraged.
The event features a full line-up of musical guests including Nat & Sean (3OH!3) who will have a special DJ set influenced their favorite dance hits from the 90’s plus Semi Precious Weapons will also be performing a live set. And to keep the party going, there will be DJ sets by: Black Cards (Pete Wentz & Spencer Peterson), Kevin Baird (Two Door Cinema Club), Penguin Prison, DJ Reflex (POWER 106) andDJ Drew (KIIS-FM) that are sure to keep the dance floor packed. TV’s favorite principal, “Saved by the Bell’s” Mr. Belding (Dennis Haskins) is one of Prom for Hope’s hosts and chaperones.
General Admission tickets are $38.50 and VIP Balcony & PIT tickets are $99.50 (21+, includes access to VIP Lounge and sponsor hosted food & beverage). Tickets for Club Nokia events are available at all Ticketmaster outlets or online at www.ticketmaster.com and from 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri at the STAPLES Center Box Office located at 1111 S. Figueroa St. No fees are charged at the STAPLES Center box office or at the Club Nokia box office on show days (open after 5 PM).
Event sponsors include: ONEHOPE Wine, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Viacom and Wolfgang Puck Catering.
City of Hope is a leading research, treatment and education center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases. Designated as a comprehensive cancer center, the highest honor bestowed by the National Cancer Institute, and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope’s research and treatment protocols advance care throughout the nation. City of Hope is located in Duarte, Calif., just northeast of Los Angeles, and is ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S.News & World Report. Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a pioneer in the fields of bone marrow transplantation and genetics. For more information, visit www.cityofhope.org or follow City of Hope on facebook, twitter, youtube or flickr.
The Music and Entertainment Industry group has raised over $98 million in support of City of Hope’s dedicated efforts to prevent and cure cancer, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. The MEI Group is comprised of over 120 top executives from major record labels, music publishing, entertainment law, artist management companies, distribution, concert promoting/touring, film studios, production companies, digital and new media, broadcasting, advertising and fashion.
Future Hope is a division of the MEI group, dedicated to raising awareness and supporting cancer research at City of Hope through an engaged network of young entertainment industry professionals.
About Club Nokia: Club Nokia, a multi-use concert and entertainment venue–located in the heart of the acclaimed L.A. LIVE sports, residential and entertainment district–accommodates over 2,300 guests. Featuring state-of-the-art acoustics designed for live entertainment, Club Nokia opened in November 2009 and is the perfect venue for emerging music acts, iconic artists, cultural shows and special events while also providing excellent space for corporate events and private parties. The theatre brings the latest technology to music enthusiasts including an innovative interactive experience embedded in foot-controlled floor interfaces, touchscreens, and a large LED installation within the lobby of the Club Nokia space. This interactive experience allows users to scroll through the history and the future of Club Nokia events and interact with pictures, video and text messages submitted by fellow concert fans. Since its opening, Club Nokia has hosted a massive array of eclectic events: packed concerts of every musical genre (Band of Horses, Motorhead, Adam Lambert, Drake, Matisyahu, Queens of the Stone Age, Vince Gill, The Specials, La Roux, to name but a few); comedians (Lisa Lampanelli, Sarah Silverman, Jim Jefferies and more); special month-long residencies (The Pee-wee Herman Show, Cirque Berzerk); awards shows (Grammy nominations concert, Revolver Golden Gods Awards) and private events.
Club Nokia was awarded “Best New Major Concert Venue” in 2009 at the Pollstar Concert Industry Awards and won “Nightclub of the Year” at the 2010 Pollstar Awards.
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: IHEARTCOMIX Presents: Jacques Greene Groundislava, Low Limit, Mike Penthouse, Patrick Brian at Los Globos 12/13 - December 13, 2014
- Julie Mintz To Play The Masonic Lodge At Hollywood Forever Cemetery With Moby + New EP In 2015 - December 10, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: ALLAH-LAS with Tashaki Miyaki & Dream Boys at the El Rey Theatre 12/11 - December 10, 2014
- BROODS ANNOUNCE 2015 NORTH AMERICAN HEADLINE TOUR - December 10, 2014
- U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE TOUR 2015 - December 9, 2014
- Tuxedo (Mayer Hawthorne & Jake One) Announce Debut Album Tuxedo Out March 3, 2015 On Stones Throw Records + “Wonderful Christmastime” Cover - December 9, 2014
- JESSIE WARE ANNOUNCES SPRING NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES // at The Wiltern 4/8 - December 9, 2014
- G-EAZY BY POPULAR DEMAND, SECOND WILTERN SHOW ADDED ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3 - December 8, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: The Do LaB & Goldenvoice presents Sound Remedy, Tincup, and Kicks N’ Licks at El Rey Theatre 12/12 - December 8, 2014
- Fleetwood Mac Adds More Dates On With The Show Tour - December 4, 2014
- “THE HANGING TREE” BY JAMES NEWTON HOWARD FEATURING JENNIFER LAWRENCE DEBUTS AT #12 ON THE BILLBOARD HOT 100 WITH OVER 200,000 TRACKS SOLD - December 3, 2014
- JENNY LEWIS REVEALS TRACK FROM ‘SONG ONE’ FILM - December 3, 2014