Three years after their 2009 comeback, Swedish pop phenomenon Roxette are hotter than they’ve been since their early ’90s heyday. Roxette’s world tour is in full swing with almost one million concert tickets sold since the tour kicked off a year ago at the Tatneft Arena in Russian Kazan. On top of that, another million Roxette records have been added to the already dizzying 70 million they’ve sold over the years.
So far the band has played more than 85 shows in more than 30 countries (and the trip continues—they don’t plan to rest until they’ve played 150 shows). But besides zigzagging between airports, arenas, hotels and meeting with fans from all over the world, the band also has found time to record their new album, Travelling, to be released digitally in the U.S. on June 5 by Capitol/EMI.
The idea has been to tap into all the positive energy that has boosted the band during this dazzling trip, and channel it into new Roxette music. In short, an album that, just like 1992’s Tourism, captures the feeling of a band on a roll—constantly on the move, snatching inspiration as they go; recording in hotel rooms, studios, at soundchecks and in concert.
The result is a fascinating musical postcard with 15 superb songs, most of which are new, some that are revisited classics and others being pearls that for various reasons haven’t seen the light of day before. A tight and inspired band has gathered around a batch of Gessle tunes, where the relentless hit-maker again and again proves that his sense of melody and ability to surprise is still top-notch.
“It’s Possible” is the first taster from Travelling – 2 minutes and 34 seconds of sunny pop music that shows one of Roxette’s many sides in 2012. There’s more to come.
- New Build’s New Album ‘Pour It Up’ will be release in the US on November 11th - October 30, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: Goldenvoice Presents Savant with Big Chocolate At El Rey Theatre 10/31 - October 29, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: Goldenvoice Presents Yelle with Lemonade At Fonda Theatre 10/31 - October 29, 2014
- WOLFGANG GARTNER COMING TO AVALON HOLLYWOOD SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 22 - October 29, 2014
- TomorrowWorld 2015 Opens Ticket Pre-Registration + Announces On Sale Dates, Pioneer Benefits* - October 29, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: Queens of the Stone Age w/ The Kills, JD McPherson, Nick Oliveri At The Forum 10/31 - October 28, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: THE DOWNTOWN FESTIVAL AT THE REGENT 11/7-11/8 feat. YACHT, CONNAN MOCKASIN, JEROME LOL, + more - October 28, 2014
- #4LAMVFgiveaway: THE 4th ANNUAL LOS ANGELES MUSIC VIDEO FESTIVAL - October 28, 2014
- Julian Casablancas+The Voidz play the Wiltern 11/6 + New LP ‘Tyranny’ Out Now - October 28, 2014
- Hemingway’s Debut Album Pretend To Care Out Now Via 6131 Records - October 28, 2014
- Wedding Dress (Maps & Atlases) Announce Nat’l Tour - October 28, 2014
- JOSÉ GONZÁLEZ ANNOUNCES FIRST SOLO ‘VESTIGES & CLAWS’ OUT FEBRUARY 17TH, 2015 - October 28, 2014