Three years after their 2009 comeback, Swedish pop phenomenon Roxette are hotter than they’ve been since their early ’90s heyday. Roxette’s world tour is in full swing with almost one million concert tickets sold since the tour kicked off a year ago at the Tatneft Arena in Russian Kazan. On top of that, another million Roxette records have been added to the already dizzying 70 million they’ve sold over the years.
So far the band has played more than 85 shows in more than 30 countries (and the trip continues—they don’t plan to rest until they’ve played 150 shows). But besides zigzagging between airports, arenas, hotels and meeting with fans from all over the world, the band also has found time to record their new album, Travelling, to be released digitally in the U.S. on June 5 by Capitol/EMI.
The idea has been to tap into all the positive energy that has boosted the band during this dazzling trip, and channel it into new Roxette music. In short, an album that, just like 1992′s Tourism, captures the feeling of a band on a roll—constantly on the move, snatching inspiration as they go; recording in hotel rooms, studios, at soundchecks and in concert.
The result is a fascinating musical postcard with 15 superb songs, most of which are new, some that are revisited classics and others being pearls that for various reasons haven’t seen the light of day before. A tight and inspired band has gathered around a batch of Gessle tunes, where the relentless hit-maker again and again proves that his sense of melody and ability to surprise is still top-notch.
“It’s Possible” is the first taster from Travelling – 2 minutes and 34 seconds of sunny pop music that shows one of Roxette’s many sides in 2012. There’s more to come.
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: Goldenvoice and KCSN present The Hold Steady At El Rey Theatre 7/29 - July 23, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: IHC Presents: GRMLN, Gothic Tropic, and Sad Girl at Los Globos 7/26 - July 23, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: The Echo Presents White Fence w/ Dream Boys, The Abigails at the Echo 7/24 - July 23, 2014
- Death Valley Girls Premiere ‘Electric High’ + Tour Dates - July 23, 2014
- Tiny Ruins – Me At The Museum, You In The Wintergardens - July 23, 2014
- Lowell “The Bells” (dd elle Remix) + Debut Album We Loved Her Dearly Out September 16 via Arts & Crafts - July 23, 2014
- Angus & Julia Stone Release Grizzly Bear + Tour Dates - July 23, 2014
- Babes Announce Fall Tour + Video “Isn’t It Love” - July 23, 2014
- SMALLPOOLS ANNOUNCE FALL HEADLINING TOUR W/ MAGIC MAN & PANAMA WEDDING - July 23, 2014
- ONLY YOU – “The Mirror of Dreams” - July 23, 2014
- Lollapalooza Kick Off Party Featuring INTERPOL (7/31) at Thalia Hall - July 22, 2014
- LIGHTS new single “Up We Go” + Album “Little Machines” out September 23 + Tour Dates - July 22, 2014