Three years after their 2009 comeback, Swedish pop phenomenon Roxette are hotter than they’ve been since their early ’90s heyday. Roxette’s world tour is in full swing with almost one million concert tickets sold since the tour kicked off a year ago at the Tatneft Arena in Russian Kazan. On top of that, another million Roxette records have been added to the already dizzying 70 million they’ve sold over the years.
So far the band has played more than 85 shows in more than 30 countries (and the trip continues—they don’t plan to rest until they’ve played 150 shows). But besides zigzagging between airports, arenas, hotels and meeting with fans from all over the world, the band also has found time to record their new album, Travelling, to be released digitally in the U.S. on June 5 by Capitol/EMI.
The idea has been to tap into all the positive energy that has boosted the band during this dazzling trip, and channel it into new Roxette music. In short, an album that, just like 1992′s Tourism, captures the feeling of a band on a roll—constantly on the move, snatching inspiration as they go; recording in hotel rooms, studios, at soundchecks and in concert.
The result is a fascinating musical postcard with 15 superb songs, most of which are new, some that are revisited classics and others being pearls that for various reasons haven’t seen the light of day before. A tight and inspired band has gathered around a batch of Gessle tunes, where the relentless hit-maker again and again proves that his sense of melody and ability to surprise is still top-notch.
“It’s Possible” is the first taster from Travelling – 2 minutes and 34 seconds of sunny pop music that shows one of Roxette’s many sides in 2012. There’s more to come.
- Dan Sieg – Choco Ballz (Salty Edit) - August 25, 2014
- Foo Fighters Sonic Highways: Trailer (HBO) - August 21, 2014
- Andy Animal Presents Meltasia Music Festival 2014, Featuring The Black Lips, Cherie Currie, Nik Turner’s Hawkwind, Danava As Headliners September 5th to 7th In Lafayette, GA - August 21, 2014
- BIRDS OF TOKYO Announce US Tour w/ Kodaline // 10/18 at The Fonda Theatre - August 21, 2014
- FANNY BLOOM’S New Album ‘PAN’ - August 21, 2014
- TARFEST MUSIC & ART FESTIVAL CELEBRATES 12TH YEAR ON SEPTEMBER 20TH - August 21, 2014
- TASHAKI MIYAKI ANNOUNCE NATIONAL TOUR - August 21, 2014
- EVVY “You Said” + Debut EP Out Now - August 21, 2014
- SYRO A NEW ALBUM BY APHEX TWIN OUT ON WARP RECORDS SEPTEMBER 23, 2014 - August 21, 2014
- Nico & Vinz “Black Star Elephant” out 9/16 - August 21, 2014
- The Ocean Blue Deluxe ‘Waterworks’ LP + Premiere Exclusive New Track “Can’t Let Go“ + Fall Tour - August 21, 2014
- David Lynch Remix on Agnes Obel “Aventine” Deluxe Editioin - August 21, 2014