This is definitely the year for breaking British folk/pop/rock band THE DUNWELLS, just confirmed for their first-ever appearance at the iconic Lollapalooza Festival set for the weekend of August 3-5 at Chicago’s Grant Park.
In addition to the Lollapalooza slot, over the summer The Dunwells will play the UK’s Dot to Dot and Cornbury Music Festivals, Colorado’s Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, the Edmonton Folk Festival, the Americana Music Festival in Nashville, and others to be announced.
Since February, when the band launched its first U.S. tour and released its debut album Blind Sighted Faith, The Dunwells have racked up a slew of over-the-top press notices**, cracked the Top 20 on the Americana Music Chart, won new believers over the course of a half-dozen shows at SXSW, and gained high-profile fans including Oscar-winning screenwriter/director Cameron Crowe and the legendary Graham Nash. Blind Sighted Faith spotlights the band’s glorious five-part harmony-laced brand of folk, rock, Americana, pop and soul that was produced by nine-time Grammy winner John Porter (The Smiths, Elvis Costello, Ryan Adams), and recorded at Willie Nelson’s Pedernales Studio in Austin.
For the album’s first single, “I Could Be A King,” the band has produced a powerful companion promo video that offers an alternative message for the disaffected and disheartened “Occupy Movement” generation who protest a myriad of today’s injustices: budget cuts, student tuition fee hikes,
unemployment rate, the greed and corruption of financial communities, and rising taxes. The uplifting video is a montage of some of the most moving images in world history, and its inspirational message is “anything you can dream, you can be…and you just might change the world in the process.”
The Dunwells – two brothers (Joseph/vocals, guitars and David Dunwell/guitars, piano, banjo), two cousins (Jonny Lamb/vocals, drums and Rob Clayton/bass), and a best friend (Dave Hanson/guitar, pedal steel) – all contributed to the writing of the 11 songs on Blind Sighted Faith. In addition to “I Could Be A King,” the track “Only Me” is reflective and regretful and showcases the band’s stunning five-part harmonies, while the rousing “Follow The Road” beckons one to grab at life’s adventures.
The group was formed a little more than two years ago in England’s West Yorkshire, and has been paying its dues and building a buzz since. They performed in local pubs and clubs in the band members’ hometown of Leeds, and then near-non-stop touring in the UK and Europe that included playing top festivals as Hop Farm (with Bob Dylan and Van Morrison), Edinburgh’s cutting-edge Fringe Fest, Triumph Live (with Mumford and Sons), and the Fete De La Musique in Paris. And because they just love to play their music, The Dunwells frequently busk on the streets of cities they visit.
With many more dates on the way, The Dunwells’ upcoming confirmed North American tour is as follows:
25 Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Denver, CO
25 Sundown Music Series, Haddon Heights, NJ
3-5 Lollapalooza, Grant Park, Chicago, IL
10 Arvada Center, Arvada, CO
11 Edmonton Folk Festival, Edmonton, AB Canada
12 Edmonton Folk Festival, Edmonton, AB Canada
15 KPRI Presents, San Diego, CA
16 Levitt Pavillion, Pasadena, CA
17 Great Park, Irvine, CA
18 Lobero, Santa Barbara, CA
19 Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, Lyons, CO
Debut single available now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/wquabR
Pre-order the debut album “Blind Sighted Faith” avail Feb 14 (US) Mar 5 (UK)
United Kingdom: http://amzn.to/xPmCNZ
United States: http://amzn.to/xYwW2O
- #EPTICKTIGIVEAWAY: Goldenvoice Presents The Slackers with Blood or Whiskey At El Rey Theatre 11/18 - October 17, 2014
- CIRCA SURVIVE To Release New Album “Descensus” On November 24th - October 16, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: of Montreal at the Mayan Theater 10/16 - October 16, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: D.D Dumbo at Immanuel Presbyterian Church 11/21 - October 15, 2014
- MUSIC ICON PRINCE SET TO PERFORM ON SNL ON NOVEMBER 1ST HIS THIRD STINT AS MUSICAL GUEST ALSO MARKS THE RETURN OF CHRIS ROCK AS HOST - October 14, 2014
- Bonobo Announces New EP: Flashlight out December 2nd on Ninja Tune + Tour Dates - October 14, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: The Asteroids Galaxy Tour + Conway at The Troubadour 10/18 - October 13, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: Goldenvoice Presents The Wonder Years with The Story So Far At Fox Theater Pomona 10/19 - October 13, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: LED X Goldenvoice Gramatik At Belasco Theater 10/18 - October 13, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: TeamSupreme with Swizzymack (Mad Decent/Philly) Gang$ign$, PromNite, C.Z. (M|O|D), Great Dane, Nalepa, Patrick Brian at the Echoplex 10/18 - October 13, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: NEW PORNOGRAPHERS + THE PAINS OF BEING PURE AT HEART at The Wiltern 10/17 - October 13, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: Mastodon with Gojira, Kvelertak At Fox Theater Pomona 10/17 - October 13, 2014