This is definitely the year for breaking British folk/pop/rock band THE DUNWELLS, just confirmed for their first-ever appearance at the iconic Lollapalooza Festival set for the weekend of August 3-5 at Chicago’s Grant Park.
In addition to the Lollapalooza slot, over the summer The Dunwells will play the UK’s Dot to Dot and Cornbury Music Festivals, Colorado’s Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, the Edmonton Folk Festival, the Americana Music Festival in Nashville, and others to be announced.
Since February, when the band launched its first U.S. tour and released its debut album Blind Sighted Faith, The Dunwells have racked up a slew of over-the-top press notices**, cracked the Top 20 on the Americana Music Chart, won new believers over the course of a half-dozen shows at SXSW, and gained high-profile fans including Oscar-winning screenwriter/director Cameron Crowe and the legendary Graham Nash. Blind Sighted Faith spotlights the band’s glorious five-part harmony-laced brand of folk, rock, Americana, pop and soul that was produced by nine-time Grammy winner John Porter (The Smiths, Elvis Costello, Ryan Adams), and recorded at Willie Nelson’s Pedernales Studio in Austin.
For the album’s first single, “I Could Be A King,” the band has produced a powerful companion promo video that offers an alternative message for the disaffected and disheartened “Occupy Movement” generation who protest a myriad of today’s injustices: budget cuts, student tuition fee hikes,
unemployment rate, the greed and corruption of financial communities, and rising taxes. The uplifting video is a montage of some of the most moving images in world history, and its inspirational message is “anything you can dream, you can be…and you just might change the world in the process.”
The Dunwells – two brothers (Joseph/vocals, guitars and David Dunwell/guitars, piano, banjo), two cousins (Jonny Lamb/vocals, drums and Rob Clayton/bass), and a best friend (Dave Hanson/guitar, pedal steel) – all contributed to the writing of the 11 songs on Blind Sighted Faith. In addition to “I Could Be A King,” the track “Only Me” is reflective and regretful and showcases the band’s stunning five-part harmonies, while the rousing “Follow The Road” beckons one to grab at life’s adventures.
The group was formed a little more than two years ago in England’s West Yorkshire, and has been paying its dues and building a buzz since. They performed in local pubs and clubs in the band members’ hometown of Leeds, and then near-non-stop touring in the UK and Europe that included playing top festivals as Hop Farm (with Bob Dylan and Van Morrison), Edinburgh’s cutting-edge Fringe Fest, Triumph Live (with Mumford and Sons), and the Fete De La Musique in Paris. And because they just love to play their music, The Dunwells frequently busk on the streets of cities they visit.
With many more dates on the way, The Dunwells’ upcoming confirmed North American tour is as follows:
25 Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Denver, CO
25 Sundown Music Series, Haddon Heights, NJ
3-5 Lollapalooza, Grant Park, Chicago, IL
10 Arvada Center, Arvada, CO
11 Edmonton Folk Festival, Edmonton, AB Canada
12 Edmonton Folk Festival, Edmonton, AB Canada
15 KPRI Presents, San Diego, CA
16 Levitt Pavillion, Pasadena, CA
17 Great Park, Irvine, CA
18 Lobero, Santa Barbara, CA
19 Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, Lyons, CO
Debut single available now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/wquabR
Pre-order the debut album “Blind Sighted Faith” avail Feb 14 (US) Mar 5 (UK)
United Kingdom: http://amzn.to/xPmCNZ
United States: http://amzn.to/xYwW2O
- Treasure Island Music Festival 2015 + Lineup - June 24, 2015
- OUTSIDE LANDS MUSIC FESTIVAL 2015 + LINEUP - June 23, 2015
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: ROBERT GLASPER with DJ Jahi Sundance at the El Rey Theatre Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - June 16, 2015
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: GOLDLINK with Falcons and Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals at The Roxy Theatre Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - June 16, 2015
- HOW TO DRESS WELL, SIR SLY, KISHI BASHI, HUNDRED WATERS, AND NICK WATERHOUSE HEADLINE THE 8th ANNUAL MAKE MUSIC PASADENA - June 3, 2015
- COACHELLA 2016 ADVANCED SALE - June 1, 2015
- Album Review: 061180’s ‘I’m Considering Being a Cloud’ - May 28, 2015
- Track Review: Gumshen ‘Latency Head’ [Video] - May 28, 2015
- Track Review: We Are the Catalyst’s ‘Don’t You Worry Child’ [Video] - May 22, 2015
- Track Review: CalatrilloZ ‘A Glimpse at a Fool’s Destiny’ - May 19, 2015
- Track Review: HH&B ‘We Come Together’ - May 18, 2015
- Track Review: The Vigilance Committee’s ‘Set the Pacific on Fire’ [Video] - May 15, 2015