This is definitely the year for breaking British folk/pop/rock band THE DUNWELLS, just confirmed for their first-ever appearance at the iconic Lollapalooza Festival set for the weekend of August 3-5 at Chicago’s Grant Park.
In addition to the Lollapalooza slot, over the summer The Dunwells will play the UK’s Dot to Dot and Cornbury Music Festivals, Colorado’s Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, the Edmonton Folk Festival, the Americana Music Festival in Nashville, and others to be announced.
Since February, when the band launched its first U.S. tour and released its debut album Blind Sighted Faith, The Dunwells have racked up a slew of over-the-top press notices**, cracked the Top 20 on the Americana Music Chart, won new believers over the course of a half-dozen shows at SXSW, and gained high-profile fans including Oscar-winning screenwriter/director Cameron Crowe and the legendary Graham Nash. Blind Sighted Faith spotlights the band’s glorious five-part harmony-laced brand of folk, rock, Americana, pop and soul that was produced by nine-time Grammy winner John Porter (The Smiths, Elvis Costello, Ryan Adams), and recorded at Willie Nelson’s Pedernales Studio in Austin.
For the album’s first single, “I Could Be A King,” the band has produced a powerful companion promo video that offers an alternative message for the disaffected and disheartened “Occupy Movement” generation who protest a myriad of today’s injustices: budget cuts, student tuition fee hikes,
unemployment rate, the greed and corruption of financial communities, and rising taxes. The uplifting video is a montage of some of the most moving images in world history, and its inspirational message is “anything you can dream, you can be…and you just might change the world in the process.”
The Dunwells – two brothers (Joseph/vocals, guitars and David Dunwell/guitars, piano, banjo), two cousins (Jonny Lamb/vocals, drums and Rob Clayton/bass), and a best friend (Dave Hanson/guitar, pedal steel) – all contributed to the writing of the 11 songs on Blind Sighted Faith. In addition to “I Could Be A King,” the track “Only Me” is reflective and regretful and showcases the band’s stunning five-part harmonies, while the rousing “Follow The Road” beckons one to grab at life’s adventures.
The group was formed a little more than two years ago in England’s West Yorkshire, and has been paying its dues and building a buzz since. They performed in local pubs and clubs in the band members’ hometown of Leeds, and then near-non-stop touring in the UK and Europe that included playing top festivals as Hop Farm (with Bob Dylan and Van Morrison), Edinburgh’s cutting-edge Fringe Fest, Triumph Live (with Mumford and Sons), and the Fete De La Musique in Paris. And because they just love to play their music, The Dunwells frequently busk on the streets of cities they visit.
With many more dates on the way, The Dunwells’ upcoming confirmed North American tour is as follows:
25 Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Denver, CO
25 Sundown Music Series, Haddon Heights, NJ
3-5 Lollapalooza, Grant Park, Chicago, IL
10 Arvada Center, Arvada, CO
11 Edmonton Folk Festival, Edmonton, AB Canada
12 Edmonton Folk Festival, Edmonton, AB Canada
15 KPRI Presents, San Diego, CA
16 Levitt Pavillion, Pasadena, CA
17 Great Park, Irvine, CA
18 Lobero, Santa Barbara, CA
19 Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, Lyons, CO
Debut single available now on Amazon: http://amzn.to/wquabR
Pre-order the debut album “Blind Sighted Faith” avail Feb 14 (US) Mar 5 (UK)
United Kingdom: http://amzn.to/xPmCNZ
United States: http://amzn.to/xYwW2O
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: IHEARTCOMIX Presents: Jacques Greene Groundislava, Low Limit, Mike Penthouse, Patrick Brian at Los Globos 12/13 - December 13, 2014
- Julie Mintz To Play The Masonic Lodge At Hollywood Forever Cemetery With Moby + New EP In 2015 - December 10, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: ALLAH-LAS with Tashaki Miyaki & Dream Boys at the El Rey Theatre 12/11 - December 10, 2014
- BROODS ANNOUNCE 2015 NORTH AMERICAN HEADLINE TOUR - December 10, 2014
- U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE TOUR 2015 - December 9, 2014
- Tuxedo (Mayer Hawthorne & Jake One) Announce Debut Album Tuxedo Out March 3, 2015 On Stones Throw Records + “Wonderful Christmastime” Cover - December 9, 2014
- JESSIE WARE ANNOUNCES SPRING NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES // at The Wiltern 4/8 - December 9, 2014
- G-EAZY BY POPULAR DEMAND, SECOND WILTERN SHOW ADDED ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3 - December 8, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: The Do LaB & Goldenvoice presents Sound Remedy, Tincup, and Kicks N’ Licks at El Rey Theatre 12/12 - December 8, 2014
- Fleetwood Mac Adds More Dates On With The Show Tour - December 4, 2014
- “THE HANGING TREE” BY JAMES NEWTON HOWARD FEATURING JENNIFER LAWRENCE DEBUTS AT #12 ON THE BILLBOARD HOT 100 WITH OVER 200,000 TRACKS SOLD - December 3, 2014
- JENNY LEWIS REVEALS TRACK FROM ‘SONG ONE’ FILM - December 3, 2014