NEW SINGLE EP REUNION OUT IN MAY WITH REMIXES BY
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr., Mylo, Sei A, The Naked And Famous,
Polly Scattergood, White Sea
“M83 at its best — vibrant, elegant and unpredictable.”
–The New York Times
“22 tracks of horizon-spanning, unabashedly epic synth rock, a double album
without a wasted moment”
–Pitchfork (#3 Best Album of 2011)
Yesterday, Lollapalooza announced their lineup for this year’s festivities – including M83 – spanning the weekend of August 3rd through the 5th at Bryant Park in Chicago, IL. Souvenir and Early Bird passes are already sold out so if you want to see M83 at a festival in August grab your ticket now!
M83 is also excited to announce their upcoming show at Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City onOctober 2nd with a fan pre-sale live now. Head over to the band’s website to procure yourself a ticket.
This new NYC tour date comes on the heels of two upcoming sold out shows: Terminal 5 on May 10 and Central Park Summerstage on August 8th. A second show was added in Dallas on May 20th, plus three additional US show dates in the Northeast including Electric Factory in Philadelphia on August 1st, Carnegie Music Hall of Homstead in Munhall, PA on August 2nd,and the State Theater in Portland, Maine on August 7th.
For a full list of upcoming shows visit ilovem83.com.
All shows are currently on sale!
The Reunion EP is set for release in May.
Reunion is the second single off of the massive sixth M83 album Hurry Up We’re Dreaming, the dynamic double record that has received an explosion of admiration and critical adoration. The current single, “Midnight City”, has rapidly risen to #5 at US Alternative Radio and is currently on the Billboard Hot 100.
The video for “Midnight City” is set to hit over 9 million views on YouTube.
Reunion continues to display M83’s aptitude at writing catchy cosmic-pop soundtracks filled with fantasy and imagination. The single will be released with a stunning and diverse remix package of 6 exclusive re-works of the track, including remixes by Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr., Mylo, Sei A, The Naked And Famous, Polly Scattergood, and White Sea.
Produced by Justin Meldal-Johnsen (Beck, NIN, The Mars Volta, Goldfrapp), mixed by Tony Hoffer (Air, The Kooks), and including contributions from Brad Laner (from 90’s band Medicine), Saturdays=Youth vocalist Morgan Kibby,and guest vocalist Zola Jesus, Hurry Up, We’re Dreamingis a double-album journey that takes us to the horizon and introduces us to new landscapes. About awakening, craving, and conquering, Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming pushes into new vocal territory for M83. Here we see Gonzalez test out different ways of singing, ranging from a spectral breathy whisper to a howling scream. “I think it is a reflection of my 30 years of being a human being. It’s a compilation of all my previous music together. It’s a retrospective of myself”, says Gonzalez.
M83 is Los Angeles based French artist Anthony Gonzalez.
Reunion EP tracklisting:
1. Reunion (Album Version)
2. Reunion (The Naked And Famous Remix)
3. Reunion (Sei A Remix)
4. Reunion (Polly Scattergood Mix)
5. Reunion (Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr Remix)
6. Reunion (Mylo Remix)
7. Reunion (White Sea Remix)
SPRING/SUMMER 2012 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES:
Apr. 12 – Pomona, CA – The Fox Theatre (Sold Out)
Apr. 13 – Indio, CA – Coachella (Sold Out)
Apr. 20 – Indio, CA – Coachella (Sold Out)
Apr. 22 – San Francisco, CA – The Fillmore Auditorium (Sold Out)
Apr. 23 – San Francisco, CA – The Fillmore Auditorium (Sold Out)
Apr. 25 – Portland, OR – Roseland Theatre (Sold Out)
Apr. 26 – Seattle, WA – The Neptune (Sold Out)
Apr. 27 – Vancouver, BC – Vogue Theatre (Sold Out)
Apr. 29 – Salt Lake City, UT – In The Venue
Apr. 30 – Denver, CO – Ogden Theatre (Sold Out)
May 1 – Lawrence, KS – The Granada Theatre (Sold Out)
May 2 – Saint Louis, MO – The Pageant
May 4 – Chicago, IL – The Riviera (Sold Out)
May 5 – Detroit, MI – The Majestic Theatre (Sold Out)
May 6 – Toronto, ON – Sound Academy (Sold Out)
May 7 – Buffalo, NY – Town Ballroom (Sold Out)
May 9 – Boston, MA – House of Blues (Sold Out)
May 10 – New York, NY – Terminal 5 (Sold Out)
May 11 – Philadelphia, PA – Union Transfer (Sold Out)
May 12 – Washington, DC – 9:30 Club (Sold Out)
May 12 – Washington, DC – 9:30 Club (LATE SHOW) (Sold Out)
May 14 – Atlanta, GA – Masquerade Music Park
May 15 – Nashville, TN – Marathon Music Works (Sold Out)
May 17 – Houston, TX – House of Blues (Sold Out)
May 18 – Austin, TX – Stubbs Waller Creek Amphitheater (Sold Out)
May 19 – Dallas, TX – Granada Theater (Sold Out)
May 20 – Dallas, TX – Granada Theater (additional show)
Aug 1 – Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory
Aug 2 – Munhall, PA – Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead
Aug 3-5-Chicago, IL- Lollapalooza – Grant Park (ON SALE NOW)
Aug 7 – Portland, ME – State Theatre
Aug. 8 – NYC – SummerStage (Sold Out)
Oct 2-NYC-Hammerstein Ballroom (ON SALE NOW)
- DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979 at THE TROUBADOUR AUGUST 14th + NEW ALBUM, THE PHYSICAL WORLD, DUE SEPTEMBER 9TH - July 29, 2014
- Primus Announce New “Primus & the Chocolate Factory” Album out October 21 via ATO + Fall Tour Announced - July 29, 2014
- SPOON ‘THEY WANT MY SOUL’ STREAMING IN FULL VIA ITUNES + TOUR DATES - July 29, 2014
- The Holy Coast – The Space We Haunt - July 29, 2014
- Cashmere Cat – With Me (Infuze Remix) - July 29, 2014
- DELTA SPIRIT – “LIVE ON” + NATIONWIDE FALL TOUR - July 29, 2014
- Beatport Stage Announced For Electric Zoo: New York’s Electronic Music Festival August 29, 30, and 31, 2014 At Randall’s Island Park - July 29, 2014
- CITY AND COLOUR TOUR DATES + cover Tears For Fears’ “Suffer The Children” - July 28, 2014
- The Asteroids Galaxy Tour Announce Fall US Tour, Third LP Out 9/16 - July 28, 2014
- KAREN O RELEASES VIDEO FOR “RAPT” + FIRST SOLO ALBUM CRUSH SONGS OUT SEPTEMBER 9 ON CULT RECORDS - July 28, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: Goldenvoice and KCSN present The Hold Steady At El Rey Theatre 7/29 - July 23, 2014
- #EPTICKETGIVEAWAY: IHC Presents: GRMLN, Gothic Tropic, and Sad Girl at Los Globos 7/26 - July 23, 2014